Heat shrink tubing is used to insulate wires and protect stranded and solid wires from abrasion resistance environmentally sealed. Used by electricians, engineers and similar professionals. Heat shrink tubing is also known as heat shrink and heat shrink sleeves.
The name refers to the fact that the tubing is designed to shrink into place and become rigid when heat is applied, providing a durable, protective coating.
Heat shrink tubing is available in a wide range of sizes, colours and materials and is designed to insulate, protect, reinforce, identify and bundle wire together.
- Electrical insulation: to repair a damaged or uncovered wire length
- Protect: protecting the wire from dust, additives, moisture, rusting or abrasion protection
- Reinforce: relieving the tension applied by stress-retained cables
- Bundle: bundling together loose wires
- Identification: identify the wide variety of colours available allows simple coding